Need help building a great looking and effective church website? Read these church web design tips or checkout theses search engine tips which can easily be used specifically on any a church website.
Want a church website built or renovated? Then contact Mike Allbutt who is a specialist in designing and building Church, Missionary and Christian websites for a low cost.
If you have found this A Churches Directory web site helpful, please consider making a small donation to its running costs.
Please consider a reciprocal link exchange to this International Christian Churches Directory from your websites!
Preferred reciprocal link exchange code:
<a href="http://achurchesdirectory.com/" title="FREE Directory of Church Websites" > Churches Websites Directory </a>
And the link will display like this: International Christian Churches Directory
Top 10 church website design tips
David Gillaspey, president and founder of Great Church Websites (a not-for-profit corporation) has written his top 10 church website design tips. They are based on his review of 11,800 church home pages to date. The tips, while numbered, are not in any special order.
How is your church website doing? Is it using any of these bad design techniques? (If so, they can be fixed -- just ask me to help)
- Make sure your site loads quickly in browsers.
- Don't include a splash screen or an intro page on your site.
- Don't use frames.
- Don't use patterned page backgrounds.
- Don't use animated gifs, rainbow colors or visitor counters on your site.
- Don't put a photo of your church building on the home page.
- Don't fill your home page with ads for ministries or church events.
- Include on your home page the essential contact and directions information.
- Make sure every graphic has an "alt" text description for it in the underlying HTML code.
- Learn and use CSS (Cascading Style Sheets).
A full explaination of each church website tip from Great Church Websites is on the page The very best of church website design.